Homebrew shop Derbyshire Nottinghamshire all-grain

Confused about acid malt? You won't be after you post your malt-related questions here!
Frothy

Homebrew shop Derbyshire Nottinghamshire all-grain

Post by Frothy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:26 am

Hi all

I've recently relocated to Derby.
I'm an all grain brewer over 10 years, looking for a good homebrew shop for hops and malts.
I cant find a shop locally through the net but I cant believe this to be true due to the vast number of breweries on the doorstep.

Can anyone recommend a local supplier?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

davew
Piss Artist

Re: Homebrew shop Derbyshire Nottinghamshire all-grain

Post by davew » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:34 pm

Check out Nottingham Brewers group on Facebook.
Cheers Homebrew in Long Eaton
Creative Wineworks in Ilkeston
A bit further afield is love brewing in chesterfield.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fermenting: Wilkos Cider
Drinking: Wilkos Hoppy Copper (very nice)

Kev888
So far gone I'm on the way back again!

Post by Kev888 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:04 am

There was Murphys but their venture into direct home brewing sales seems to have ended. Most other local shops were predominantly kit orientated (though my experience is a little out of date, since I moved about a year ago).

However, some LHBSs also stocked a limited range (and limited brands) of grain and hops - though be aware that some of them shut on occasional days if you decide to travel. Creative Winemaking in Ilkeston (previously of spondon) did pale or lager malt at about £30 a sack, and pellets from about £3. Further away northwards, Lovebrewing in chesterfield had a similar (probably slightly larger) range. I never found enough AG stuff on cheers homebrew's website to lead me to visit (but I suppose it may just be their site).

Further afield southwards, Hamstead brewing centre near Great Bar is pretty good for a LHBS (though a terrible website, IMO). Theres also Oak Homebrew in Syston who will apparently welcome callers by arrangement though I never went in person.
Kev

Kingfisher4
Hollow Legs

Post by Kingfisher4 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:05 pm

Frothy wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:26 am
Hi all

I've recently relocated to Derby.
I'm an all grain brewer over 10 years, looking for a good homebrew shop for hops and malts.
I cant find a shop locally through the net but I cant believe this to be true due to the vast number of breweries on the doorstep.

Can anyone recommend a local supplier?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Have you located anywhere since your original post? I am new to all grain brewing, but in the same area. Creative Wine Making in Ilkeston are extremely helpful for equipment, but, by their own admission, are predominantly for the kit market so have very limited grain and hop stocks.

Love Brewing was quite a trek on the single visit I made and although helpful, all grain stocks were also somewhat limited, unless you wanted to buy kits.

Surely there must be one of the numerous microbreweries around here that could help?