Hard seltzer

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
Astroboy
Sober

Hard seltzer

Post by Astroboy » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:15 pm

Hi all,
I've had a search around and couldn't find any bits so said I'd outline my efforts yesterday making the malt miller's lemon and lime hard seltzer. Not really my thing but had a friend that wanted to give it a bash so off we went.

If there are posts already answering my queries or that will help me understand the aspects outlined further feel free to link and apologies in advance if I've missed any obvious ones.

Right then, firstly I matched my water to a dublin profile and as I was using London water no additions were suggested by beersmith so I just used a campden tablet to address chlorine in my water .

I got the idea from reading that post boil I should reduce my ph to 5 or under, I would have liked to use citric acid to do this as think the flavour would help but done have any experience of this so went with lactic acid (10ml) to reduce pH from 7.5 to 4 (aimed for 5 but messed up as was rushing).

Otherwise all went well but I wondered when people think is the best time to add dried lemon and lime peel and any suggestions or thoughts on amount, I've 50g of each?

Thanks folks 👍