12 hour pork.

Fed up with just drinking your homebrew? Post here if you want to talk about using beer in food recipes! Or if you just want to share something about food.
Technotrucker

12 hour pork.

Post by Technotrucker » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:28 am

We've had a vacuum sealer for a few years, as we buy meat in bulk, bag it, freeze it job done.
Last month we went and bought a sous vide water bath, our first try was with steak....wow so soft you could cut it with a spoon.. :D
Second try was with a couple of small pork chops, not bad, but not good, got to try harder

Just started on our 3rd recipe sous vide....mix the marinade and covered a slab of belly pork.

Next into the bag, vacuum packed.....like so.

Into the fridge overnight, then around 04.00 tomorrow morning straight in the water bath for around 12 hours...can't wait.

sonicated
Hollow Legs

Re: 12 hour pork.

Post by sonicated » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:33 pm

Sounds lovely! How are you going to finish it off?

I've always thought about sous vide pork belly but wasn't sure if I could get the skin crackly. I usually do pork shoulder at 80C for 18 to 24 hours - easy and delicious pulled pork :)

Technotrucker

Post by Technotrucker » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:29 pm

As this is all new to us we are following a couple of sites we've found. It looks to be easy to get good crackling. Try this guys site

sonicated
Hollow Legs

Post by sonicated » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:30 pm

Thanks - let us know how it goes!