Curry

Fed up with just drinking your homebrew? Post here if you want to talk about using beer in food recipes! Or if you just want to share something about food.
chris2012
Under the Table

Re: Curry

Post by chris2012 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:34 pm

I've made those naans from that link twice now, using a regular frying pan, they're absolutely awesome!

Jambo
Hollow Legs

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:39 am

+1 for Rick's India book. Sensational, you will easily make better curries than those being served up by 99% of the 'Indian' restaurants in this country... Well worth following the 'recipe' to make your own garam masala.

Also +1 for the vegtable makhanawala and other veg curries - great for using up a glut of homegrown veg and if I were going to be vegetarian I think I would be an Indian vegetarian! I have frozen a load of pakora batter to try to preserve my potato/onion/chilli harvest.

Some of the biggest revelations in the book for me have been the curries that traditionally curry loving Brits would turn their noses up at - Korma and Passanda. When made properly, they are mild as you would expect, but they are not bland. Really aromatic and extremely luxurious.

Hanglow
Under the Table

Post by Hanglow » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:43 pm

That is a good book

Korma is just a cooking method after all, I make a lamb korma that can be extremely hot :) I also have a glut of veggies, squash goes great in curries