Great British Beer Festival 2008

Members' meetings, Beer Festivals and the like - bung it on here. Old topics will be pruned after 3 months.
SiHoltye

Great British Beer Festival 2008

Post by SiHoltye » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:40 pm

Click this for info:Great British Beer Festival 2008

It's not far away now. Speak to your landlords for Tuesday Trade tickets, they are free for them all they have to do is ring up and express interest and they get at least 2 ticket free of charge. Tuesday is good because it's not so busy and most beers are available.

Also I'm keen to do a tasting appraisal session Tutorials Is anyone else, if so when?

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:44 pm

Looks like all the tasting sessions are sold out :(

I'd love to go to the GBBF, especially the tasting sessions with Mr Protz, but it's quite a trek down to London for me, especially midweek. Plus once you've been to one beer festival you've been to them all... ?

I'll bend the ear of my local landlord about trade tickets though...

anomalous_result

Post by anomalous_result » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:57 am

Going on the Friday hopefully, lots of beers might have gone but it's the only day my friends could do that wasn't a saturday. Been planning for a while heh.

booldawg

Post by booldawg » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:05 pm

This'll be my 10th consecutive GBBF. I've always gone on a Saturday and alot of beers are off by mid afternoon. Wouldnt mind going on the Friday pending other people getting the day off.

Wouldnt miss it for the world. Its the biggest festival and an excellent opportunity to try beers you simply wont get elswhere, usually 450+ ales on tap.

mixbrewery
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by mixbrewery » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:33 pm

No doubt this thread will pickup speed in a few weeks :lol:

I'm working as usual.......... glasses stand, foyer or in fact anywhere!
Doing 3 days this year but only upto about 5pm.

Then I get chance to use those beer tokens 8)
Good job i can get an over-ground train from Watford to Earls Court...

Is anyone else working up there?
Check out the beers we have for sale @ Mix Brewery

Aleman
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by Aleman » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:36 pm

To all those Lager nay sayers . . . get yourself to the Beers of the World Hall and try out some of the wonderful Czech lagers they have on gravity dispense . . . could well change some entrenched opinions ;)

steve_flack

Post by steve_flack » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:33 am

I usually go on Wednesday afternoon. I do tend to spend quite a bit of time at the Bieres sans frontieres stand. Some brilliant stuff turns up. A couple of years ago I had a Schumacher alt that was the best beer I had all day.

scarer

Post by scarer » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:23 pm

I shall be there on weds from lunchtime. It will be my first time at this event and looking forward to it :D

spearmint-wino
CBA prizewinner 2007

Post by spearmint-wino » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:27 am

I'll be going along on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Looking forward to it! :beer: Image

drinking: ~ | conditioning: ~ | primary: ~ | Looks like I need to get brewing then...
Visit London Amateur Brewers online

booldawg

Post by booldawg » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:53 pm

To all those who are going before Saturday; please moderate your drinking to ensure there's more than Greene King IPA left :wink:

edit1now
Under the Table

Post by edit1now » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:19 pm

LAB meeting at GBBF on Thursday 7th August. Not sure how we're going hear ourselves think, but we can drink beer and do thumbs-up signs at each other :beer:

BeerBloke
CBA Prizewinner 2008

Post by BeerBloke » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:47 pm

This year I'll be going to the trade session plus evening on Tuesday. But then I get free tickets!! Usually go on the weds.
What's so unpleasant about being drunk? Ask a glass of water!

booldawg

Post by booldawg » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:23 pm

For anyone going up on the Saturday I notice there's engineering works on the Clapham to Willesden Junction overground line.

We usually get off at Clapham and use that line to get off at West Brompton. There is a bus service but I reckon it'll be quicker to go underground from Waterloo.

jim williams

Post by jim williams » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:41 pm

This will be my 4th, which says alot considering I travel from the states for it!!

I told my wife awhile back, "I feel like I'm at the point in my life where I should be able to go the GBBF every year!" Even with our economy in the tank, and, possibly being the only yank on your island, I'll be there! Can't wait!!

Jim

ashbyp

Post by ashbyp » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:50 pm

jim williams wrote:This will be my 4th, which says alot considering I travel from the states for it!!

I told my wife awhile back, "I feel like I'm at the point in my life where I should be able to go the GBBF every year!" Even with our economy in the tank, and, possibly being the only yank on your island, I'll be there! Can't wait!!

Jim
Good man - that is dedication to the cause.

Knocking off early on Wednesday myself.