The LAB Open 2019 (formerly London and SE competition)

Members' meetings, Beer Festivals and the like - bung it on here. Old topics will be pruned after 3 months.
Jocky
Even further under the Table

The LAB Open 2019 (formerly London and SE competition)

Post by Jocky » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:33 pm

The London and South East brewing competition is now open for entries, although it's been renamed to the LAB Open. The Festival and Awards takes place on Sunday May 19th 2019 at Fourpure Brewing Co, Bermondsey.

First entry is £10, which (if you can make it) also gets you entry into the festival and a glass where you can try all 450 beers. Subsequent entries are £5.

If you've not entered a competition before, it's a great way of getting honest feedback on your brewing, all from BJCP qualified judges up to a very high standard.

If you want you can even come along and steward the judging to see how it's done - do ask me about this!

You can register here:
https://competitions.londonamateurbrewe ... k/labopen/

--- ARTWORK COMPETITION ---
We're also going to be running a competition for bottle labels, with the entries being submitted digitally so it can be properly judged in advance. More details on that to follow soon!
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

Jocky

Re: The LAB Open 2019 (formerly London and SE competition)

Post by Jocky » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:15 pm

We've now increased the limit to 3 entries per brewer and will be running the Champion Brewer prize again for the best results across 3 beers.

Good luck everyone!
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

Jocky

Re: The LAB Open 2019 (formerly London and SE competition)

Post by Jocky » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:12 pm

Last chance to enter now - 25 entries are left!
https://competitions.londonamateurbrewe ... k/labopen/