Back to brewing, this time!

Had a good one? Tell us about it here - and don't forget - we like pictures!
micmacmoc
Steady Drinker

Back to brewing, this time!

Post by micmacmoc » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:25 pm

Having been proper ill a while back i had only managed two or three brews in the last four years, thought i was done for at one point. Lifting was a problem, wife bought me a G30, bless her. Still had problems and couldn’t be arsed, realised it was not so much the brewing as the back breaking bottling.
I had some corny kegs and in just a few weeks am solidly converted! The folks the Malt Miller sorted me out some bits and pieces for my old kegs.
Result? Four brews already this year!
I really hope it lasts, loving being back.
Heres a mad one..my daughter’s first driving lesson up Perranporth Airfield has a bar(only the Cornish eh?), they serve Shipyard Pale, loved it, looked up recipe. Made a ‘near enough’ with what i had, “shipmate” within a week its dropped clear as glass. Love it. Shipyard history is intertwined with Ringwood, ah Old Thumper!an ale i grew up with back in Hampshire.
Anyway, nose deep in GW book and pleased to be back!

Thinking about GW’s Festival Mild next.
Cheers all!

micmacmoc
Steady Drinker

Re: Back to brewing, this time!

Post by micmacmoc » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:56 am

Well anyway…thinking of a mild next, GW’s Gales Festival Mild from his book. Any hints and tips? I have the ingredients as the recipe and wondered if the US05 yeast would be ok. Actually I have some pale ale fermenting with some now so could take some of that if that would be advisory?

Dennis King
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Re: Back to brewing, this time!

Post by Dennis King » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:09 pm

Always good to see a returning brewer. If you like dark beers try Graham Wheelers Old Peculiar it really is quite special.