Kegging advice

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
Colliedog
Tippler

Kegging advice

Post by Colliedog » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:58 am

I am a returning to brewing after many years. I am trying to make a decision about how I intend to dispense my beer.

I have a Beermonster machine which is the same as the Klarstein Skal machine (pictured below). But I have empty kegs available.
IMG_8756.jpg
IMG_8756.jpg (296.19 KiB) Viewed 165 times
Empty kegs would cost approximately £40 pounds.

Another issue with why Beermonster is that I find the gas bulbs a pain to use therefore adapting it to use a normal regulator and sodastream canisters.

Looking at online stores I now find you can get PET kegs (Kegland Oxebar or Keg King Junior) now for what I consider a decent price although I would have further outlay for a regulator, gas rig and dispensing rig.

What I can’t work out is whether it is worth spending the money to buy mini kegs and adapt my machine or try and sell it and move onto the other PET keg systems.

Does anyone have any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MashBag
Even further under the Table

Re: Kegging advice

Post by MashBag » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:01 am

I have no experience of kegging.

But I am a serial tinkerer/fixer/modifier/brewer.
So here goes.

I have never kegged cos bottling is too easy (well not hard enough to change). And I like the simplicity. And doubt I could get through a keg quick enough. And don't want the cost and hassle of gas.

But recently I have though, the smaller PET kegs, tap on top could be quite a good solution.
I could brew my own (low pressure) despense gas in a corny with sugar and yeast.

Sorry probably no help