Angram Pump problems

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
fordpopular
Piss Artist

Angram Pump problems

Post by fordpopular » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:41 pm

I ave an angram pump CQ type with a check valve which I lent to a friend who says his wive cleaned it for me with boiling water :shock:
it will only work now if I prime it with water (or Beer) it will not pump with just air in the tube is this normal i'm sure it would suck air before
also now makes a whining sound its also over a year since i used it so may be difficult to blame it on my friend the price of a new cylinder is about £80 .. not happy

if it is broken do I need to replace the cylinder or is it possible to take the cylinder apart and replace parts

Dads_Ale
Piss Artist

Re: Angram Pump problems

Post by Dads_Ale » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:56 pm

It is possible the boiling water has damaged the piston seal as it is only plastic.

Spares are available from Angram and you can dismantle the cylinder assembly although depending on how much you want to replace it might be better to get a complete new cylinder assembly.

fordpopular
Piss Artist

Re: Angram Pump problems

Post by fordpopular » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Thanks Dads_Ale I have taken the insulation of the cylinder looks like I can replace the glass and piston if that's whats wrong will take it apart tomorrow

fordpopular
Piss Artist

Update:

Post by fordpopular » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:35 pm

I have managed to fix my pump without spending £30 on a new piston and Glass :D

Took the cylinder out and could see that air getting past the piston around the edge,
removed the nylon piston put it in some hot water and ' stretched' the edge of the piston with a blunt piece of metal just a tiny bit
cooled it down and put it back together, now working perfectly.