beer line length

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
paulg
Steady Drinker

Re: beer line length

Post by paulg » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:26 am

guypettigrew wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:44 pm
paulg wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:57 pm
:As I drink mainly milds and porter I havent had too much of a problem with clarity :D :D
Unless the lack of clarity is caused by yeast in suspension, which doesn't suit my taste buds at all.

Guy
well yes that can be a problem :shock: its not your taste buds you have to watch

paulg
Steady Drinker

Post by paulg » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:07 pm

the conversion heads came very quickly from The Malt Miller,but DHL stung me for import and handling fees 68 euros (about 60 GBP) on an order that was 85 in total.
VAT is 23% so about 20 GBP and the rest there fees.
Note to self ,next time order from Aliexpress .Not Robs fault of course

paulg
Steady Drinker

Post by paulg » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:04 am

McMullan wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:01 am
paulg wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:41 am
McMullan wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:14 pm

From China. Ask them the mark the value down on the packaging, to avoid import charges. They normally do anyway, but best to request they do when ordering. They offer a very reliable service too.
many thanks,food for thought.
I like the china cap idea as it allows smaller couplers than the sankey ones but I am not overly keen on the poppet valves from when I had troubles using corny kegs but they were used kegs.
One last question what size cask float did you use .I assume it is from cask widge and did you have to cut the silecone tube to length
All the Cask Widge floats are the same size, just colour coded for different sized casks. Only difference really is the length of silicone tubing they're supplied with, if you opt for the tubing too. I use slime-line kegs and found 6mm ID x 1.5mm wall better than the tubing supplied with Cask Widges, which can jam on the keg wall stopping beer flow. For my 20L Sankey slimline kegs a 65cm length of tubing leaves about 200ml beer behind.
when you say 6mm x 1.5mm is that 6mm internal diameter plus 2 x 1.5 =9mm ouside diameter.
I have some 9 x 6,2 eva that is quite flexible I wonder if that will do,if not can you point me to the correct stuff please

McMullan

Post by McMullan » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:38 am

Yes, 6mm ID x 1.5mm wall, so 9mm OD. I get mine from Polymax. I think they have suppliers in the EU, save you getting ripped off by courier admin charges. Sounds worse than Norway, tbh. Shocking profiteering going on.

paulg
Steady Drinker

Post by paulg » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:28 pm

McMullan wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:38 am
Yes, 6mm ID x 1.5mm wall, so 9mm OD. I get mine from Polymax. I think they have suppliers in the EU, save you getting ripped off by courier admin charges. Sounds worse than Norway, tbh. Shocking profiteering going on.
many thanks

IPA
Under the Table

Post by IPA » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:42 pm

paulg wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:07 pm
the conversion heads came very quickly from The Malt Miller,but DHL stung me for import and handling fees 68 euros (about 60 GBP) on an order that was 85 in total.
Malt Miller sends them with zero VAT. So you only paid an extra 3% in VAT.
That still leaves an incredible amount for handling fees.
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster
Together we travel further
( In an admonishing email from our golf club)

paulg
Steady Drinker

Post by paulg » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:38 am

IPA wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:42 pm
paulg wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:07 pm
Malt Miller sends them with zero VAT. So you only paid an extra 3% in VAT.
That still leaves an incredible amount for handling fees.
It was suggested that maybe I got charges taxes due to alcohol depending on the customs description ,if it mentioned beer.
I dont know if DHL charge extra for express service they may well do
I have already disposed of the paperwork so cant check.
just checked the e-mail from MM and you are correct it was sent EXvat