Kits better made then they used to be?

Discuss making up beer kits - the simplest way to brew.
Cozzyb
Hollow Legs

Kits better made then they used to be?

Post by Cozzyb » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:36 pm

Was watching a YouTuber today who mentioned the liquid extract twang was gone in some of the newer to market kits from etc. curious if others had a similar experience? If so with what kits? I brew extract mostly (dry malt) to avoid this twang but some kits would be much easier if that twang has been fixed

MashBag
Even further under the Table

Re: Kits better made then they used to be?

Post by MashBag » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:04 am

A few years ago I made some wherry kits up, and they were certainly OK. The twang had definitely gone.

aamcle
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by aamcle » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:56 am

Get one and try it? Preferably a quality two can/pouch kit :)

Atb. Aamcle

alexlark
Under the Table

Post by alexlark » Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:19 am

I did a Woodforde's Admiral's Reserve 2 can kit at the start of March. I haven't brewed a kit for years after switching to all grain so wanted to see if they have improved and bought the 2 can premium kit to give it the best chance. I've got it in a Sankey keg at the moment, carbed slightly, and to my taste it tastes like a kit! It has improved every week it's been in there so I'm giving it a chance but all grain is ready and in it's prime sooo much sooner.

I also picked up a 1 can kit, Coopers Ruby Ported. I'm doing a half all grain brew with this just to see if that tastes less kit like. Haven't got round to brewing it yet though.