Maltmiller sales to Europe

A pre-moderated forum where suppliers can advertise their business. Please start a new topic for each entry. YOUR POST WILL NOT BE VISIBLE UNTIL A MODERATOR APPROVES IT.
IPA
Under the Table

Maltmiller sales to Europe

Post by IPA » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:53 am

As in the title. If you live in Europe and you are ordering from the Maltmiller as long as your order including VAT ( but excluding transport) does not exceed £135 you will not be charged customs handling cost by the transporter and the VAT will be charged on your order at the rate for the country you are resident in. Put simply what you pay on the website is all that you pay. A word of warning,in France, DHL will make it look like you have to collect your order from a pick up point. Ignore this " red herring"and the order will be delivered to your home.
Please note that I have no connection to The Maltmiller other than as a customer.
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster
Together we travel further
( In an admonishing email from our golf club)

An Ankoù
Steady Drinker

Re: Maltmiller sales to Europe

Post by An Ankoù » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:07 pm

DHL are a real pain in the jacksie and expensive. My last order from Geterbrewed was processed by DHL on 3rd September, cleared customs and went through the various depots from Belgium to arrive in Nantes on the morning of the 8th where it languished for a full eight days before being delivered to me (Morbihan 56) at lunchtime on the 16th. A truly pathetic service. On the other hand, I pay a standard £12.95 for 30Kg of stuff from thehomebrewcompany and it arrives within 3-5 days via DPD. What a difference. Unfortunately, I can't get Crisps (especially Chevallier) from the homerewcompany.
I'm cheap. Just give me beer.

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:23 pm

No DPD option does make it more expensive, although in Germany DHL are essentially the Post office so it gets delivered by your local postie and quickly.
At least the tax issues are a lot more straightforward now, although it’s a pain with the £135 threshold. It would be interesting to see what real difference it makes going over that eg if it’s a just a few quid then big orders may be worth it again as all the paperwork is done at the MM end.

IPA
Under the Table

Post by IPA » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:21 am

Last week I ordered a water pressure stabiliser from the MaltMiller. The order was placed on Monday morning and it arrived here Tuesday at lunch time. To give an idea of how far that is I can see the mountains in Spain from our window.
The transporter was DHL. A truly remarkable delivery.
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster
Together we travel further
( In an admonishing email from our golf club)

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:10 am

An Ankoù wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:07 pm
DHL are a real pain in the jacksie and expensive. My last order from Geterbrewed was processed by DHL on 3rd September, cleared customs and went through the various depots from Belgium to arrive in Nantes on the morning of the 8th where it languished for a full eight days before being delivered to me (Morbihan 56) at lunchtime on the 16th. A truly pathetic service. On the other hand, I pay a standard £12.95 for 30Kg of stuff from thehomebrewcompany and it arrives within 3-5 days via DPD. What a difference. Unfortunately, I can't get Crisps (especially Chevallier) from the homerewcompany.
I don't really want to derail the thread too much but on both their UK and EU site the HomeBrewCompany now show the following costs for dleivery to France/Germany:

Delivery to Europe for 31kg:
France €18
Germany €18

It also shows the same when adding a 25kg sack to my shopping cart so it looks like their delivery prices have changed and the above was an unfair comparison based on the latest prices.

An Ankoù
Steady Drinker

Post by An Ankoù » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:34 am

Yes they do. You're right. But if you go onto the UK site and make an order in GBP, the delivery charge is always £12.95. From a sachet of yeast to a sack of grain +.
I wonder if anyone orders from Mr Malt in Italy. they have some amazing hops- Lotus, Solero and a South African one I can't remember (not African Queen) but while their stated delivery to France or Germany is €19.76 for up to 20 Kg, If I put 30g of hops in my basket the delivery is €25.69. Contact messages in French or English don't get answered, and I don't speak Italian. Nevertheless, I'll bite the bullet when I can get up a full load as they have some very interesting stuff.

Incidentally. Ordering stuff from Germany (Schlenkerla rauchbier) via DHL is a completely different kettle of fish. Fast and efficient.

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:53 pm

Google translate with pictures?

I occasionally order from Schlenkerla but my local bottle shop does a big range of beers from Bamberg/Franconia. ;)

£50 for 45 bottles when I went a couple of weeks ago.

An Ankoù
Steady Drinker

Post by An Ankoù » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:24 pm

That's very impressive indeed. The price is even more impressive.

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:30 pm

It’s an Aladdins cave. They have an amazing selection of Belgian beers too. The downside is the lack of British beers.

An Ankoù
Steady Drinker

Post by An Ankoù » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:54 pm

Yeah and no. I noticed there are quite a few yeast cultures in your beer fridge and I guess they're not for brewing German styles. If you could get British beers equally easily, there'd be no need to brew at all. And then what would you do?

brewpete
Piss Artist

Post by brewpete » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:04 pm

What do you eat ?

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:31 pm

An Ankoù wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:54 pm
Yeah and no. I noticed there are quite a few yeast cultures in your beer fridge and I guess they're not for brewing German styles. If you could get British beers equally easily, there'd be no need to brew at all. And then what would you do?
TBH I just been mostly feeding them this year as I’m trying to finish off building a house (it’s pretty much external stuff now and then I can crack in with the brewery room 😉).
It’s quite a mix of yeasts but the majority are either from British breweries or originally from there. You might spot a very old bottle of Bass in the door, I’m hoping that will culture up too.

brewpete wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:04 pm
What do you eat ?
Eat?! Liquid bread?
Seriously though, it is just a fridge in my brewery room for drinks and occasionally food when we have parties etc. It is a decent fridge and is only a few years old, we bought it when we moved here but it got co-opted by me when moving into the new house. There were a few grumbles at the time but, once we had Xmas and friends staying, and it’s worth was proved then it was seen as a “wise” decision. 😀