Craftbrewing Forum

A forum for Home Brew clubs to publicise themselves. Please start a new topic for each club and include your region in the thread title. Not intended for advertising meetings, which should go in the 'Events' forum.
scotsloon
Piss Artist

Craftbrewing Forum

Post by scotsloon » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:22 am

For the last 3 or 4 days I haven't been able to log onto the forum.craftbrewing.org.uk. Does anybody know if its shut down?

GrowlingDogBeer
Even further under the Table

Re: Craftbrewing Forum

Post by GrowlingDogBeer » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:14 pm

It's certainly somewhat broken. I believe the man with the keys is currently on holiday so probably can't do much about it.

vacant

Post by vacant » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:23 pm

A few days ago I checked http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/ - it was down for everyone. I checked https://www.whois.net/, the domain expires in November.
I brew therefore I ... I .... forget

LeeH
Under the Table

Post by LeeH » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:26 pm

It was once a busy place but it’s lucky to see a handful of posts a week now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

GrowlingDogBeer

Post by GrowlingDogBeer » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:22 pm

For quite a long time Google decided it was unsafe for no reason. That stopped a lot of people accessing the site and it never really recovered from that.

That and the general slowdown in use of forums in favour of other social media like Facebook and other forums around haven't helped it either.

I'm not sure it's really worth the effort resurrecting it, there is a good forum here, not sure we really need another one now.

bigyin
Sober

Post by bigyin » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:01 pm

Yeah, I've not been on the CraftBrewing forum all summer - now that the colder weather is here and my thoughts are turning back to brewing I went to take a gander and no joy :(

I used to have an account on here too, but I guess that was removed for lack of use #-o

LeeH
Under the Table

Craftbrewing Forum

Post by LeeH » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:18 pm

Probably not.

I find it ironic that the person from ‘thehomebrewforum’ that PM’d me about craft brewing prompting a mass exodus is now the administrator of THBF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

bigyin
Sober

Post by bigyin » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:23 pm

Acht, the days of slagging off the new owners of THBF are hopefully long past - They certainly managed to p** off a good number of major contributors, mods and admins in an incredibly short time - however, time heals, let bygones be bygones, and so on :)

Dennis King
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by Dennis King » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:54 pm

bigyin wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:23 pm
Acht, the days of slagging off the new owners of THBF are hopefully long past - They certainly managed to p** off a good number of major contributors, mods and admins in an incredibly short time - however, time heals, let bygones be bygones, and so on :)
They not only p*ssed people off they banned a lot of us for complaining about the way things were going.

bigyin
Sober

Post by bigyin » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:15 pm

Don't quite know how I escaped a ban :whistle: :flip: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigyin
Sober

Post by bigyin » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:15 pm

anyway, anyone in touch with them what holds the keys to the craftbrewing forum?

Robwalkeragain
Hollow Legs

Post by Robwalkeragain » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:49 pm

Aleman isn't it? Reason everyone got upset when THBF was taken over was mostly because they removed the chatroom, we were a small tight knit community and relied on it to keep in touch, it was good fun in there at the time.

oldbloke
Under the Table

Post by oldbloke » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:23 pm

Oh, there was a lot more than the removal of the chatroom. For one thing, the move from free to paid, half the pages being covered in ads, etc etc etc. And the Yank owner outright lied to many of us, mods and admin included, several times.
I hope the CBA forum comes back, there's a lot of good data lying around there

Heron1952
Piss Artist

Post by Heron1952 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:28 am

It's back
aka Rhys

wally
Steady Drinker

Post by wally » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:58 am

[quote="oldbloke"

... And the Yank owner outright lied to many of us, mods and admin included, several times...[/quote]

That’s what happened to AHB.

Fortunately one of the mods that was banned started his own forum - “Australian Craft Brewing”

Many people were “pseudo banned”, where their password was changed so that they have no access, but it still looks good in the figures the advertisers are given.

I was “pseudo banned” for sending a PM to a friend advising them of the new site.