Bualadh Bos To Grainfather

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
john luc
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Bualadh Bos To Grainfather

Post by john luc » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:43 pm

When you hear about buying cheap and end up with something that does not last or you cannot get parts for because the company making it do not support it, well not so with Grainfather. They make a top notch designed machine and if you need support they respond efficiently and quickly. I broke a part on my pump and thought I would have to go and buy a new pump but 1 call to their support line and a few emails later I got the replacement part sent out to me within a few days. 10 out of 10 to them. =D> =D>
Deos miscendarum discipule
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie

MashBag
Even further under the Table

Re: Bualadh Bos To Grainfather

Post by MashBag » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:28 am

Nice one. Big up GF.

Braumeister could learn from them.

I think you only really get to know a company, once you have a problem.

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:29 am

My experience of Speidel has always been excellent but I know of others, especially around controller misting issues (which I have never experienced on my 2015 model).
German customer service in general though is usually terrible and a huge shock for Brits and Americans when they move here, e.g. it is not unusual here for a company to take a week or two to even acknowledge an email from you. The German's even have an saying for it, “Servicewüste Deutschland” (“Germany's service desert”).
Both Grainfather and Speidel provide spare parts for pretty much everything though, which is unusual nowadays.
Good to see you will be up and running again though John Luc and I notice that The Malt Miller also offered help with it; Rob has always given me consistent good service too.

Binkie Huckaback
Piss Artist

Post by Binkie Huckaback » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:50 pm

I have to say I've had mixed results with Grainfather.