Grainfather G30

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
Ghaze
Sober

Grainfather G30

Post by Ghaze » Fri May 20, 2022 8:31 am

Good Morning Brewers,

Just starting out with my G30, any tips on how to improve the kettle ? Additions/accessories ?

Much appreciated in advance !

spook100
Piss Artist

Re: Grainfather G30

Post by spook100 » Fri May 20, 2022 10:32 am

This is the second of your questions that I'm replying to today. I'm on a roll :D :D :D ...

I think that a false bottom is almost essential for the G30. Before getting one my pump used to get jammed by debris every second brew. Now it never does. See this thread viewtopic.php?f=45&t=83463

I also have the wortometer https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product ... ortometer/ which fits onto the wort outlet pipe of the chiller. It is used to measure the temperature of the wort as it flows into the fermenter but removing the G30 temperature probe from the kettle and plugging it into the wortometer instead. Not essential but handy.

Otherwise I use the G30 as it came out of the box.
A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Fri May 20, 2022 10:52 am

Which version do you have? There have been various upgrades over the years so, depending on if you have bought new or second hand, you might have a slightly different system.

In terms of the wortometer, you can also avoid having to remove the G30 temperature probe and just use one of the instead:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274842104250 ... Swicdg0vxx

Dennis King
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by Dennis King » Fri May 20, 2022 8:22 pm

I bought a graincoat https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product ... graincoat/ with ever increasing energy prices a worthwhile investment

barneey
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by barneey » Sat May 21, 2022 9:09 am

I have loads of accessories for my G30. Insulation jacket, quick disconnect & pipework, top filter basket, new plates and filters, false bottom, spring filter, mash paddle, wortometer, spare bucket for the malt tube.... I'm sure there is more. My best advice would be to use the system and see what you think needs improving.

Insulation would be my first step ;) not only does it help heat retention it also provides a barrier. Next think about the what type of hops you want to use flower or pellet?

My latest purchase was a rolled bottom plate, as I hate the original design with the silicone seal a flaff to install. (use starsan / water etc for lube for easier installation).

Have fun
Hair of the dog, bacon, butty.
Hops, cider pips & hello.

Name the Movie + song :)