Honey in 7lb buckets

For those making mead and related drinks
Wonkydonkey
Drunk as a Skunk

Honey in 7lb buckets

Post by Wonkydonkey » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:37 am

Hi guys
I was having a look around, and stumbled on this topic. Honey in bulk, viewtopic.php?f=49&t=64164

I,m a beekeeper, I have done it for 10yrs. As a beekeeper you are always trying to get as much honey as you can and leave a bit for the bees, but also topup there feed with sugar syrup.

I live around 10 miles from paynes bees, they pay £2.50-55 a lb for anyone wanting to sell honey to them. they also by honey from around the world. It was cheaper than uk honey, until the devaluation of the pound by mr brown.

Most beekeepers want as much as they can get for the honey, so some beekeepers buy it off other beekeepers and jar it up and sell it on

This year has been a good year for honey, unlike the last 2yrs.
that's over 1000 lb this year from 20 hives and only a few hives need feeding a bit of sugar, about 20kg. unlike the 200 lb last yr I got from them and I still had to buy and feed them with 75kg of sugar.

So if any one is close to brighton and wants some good honey for mead in bulk I have a spare 120 lb before it gets put in 1lb jars
My honey is being sold in some shops £4.75 (the cheapest) to £6.00
I'm asking £3 a lb and can put it in 7lb buckets. At the mo it is in 2 x50lb and 1x30lb
I may be able to squeeze a bit more in a 7lb but not sure how much will fit in.
I may consider posting it but at a last resort, I have no idea how much post/ups or any other delivery comp charge, but buyer pays postage
Here's one I have with 3.121kg
I just have find out how to post a pic..here
http://s11.postimg.org/3p93kad1v/image.jpg
If I have done it right ?
By the way it has only been spun out of the frames and fine filtered, it has not been heated,
To Busy To Add,

Wonkydonkey
Drunk as a Skunk

Re: Honey in 7lb buckets

Post by Wonkydonkey » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:48 am

Here's a pic of a 30lb and a 50lb bucket and a full 50lb
http://s11.postimg.org/3p93kad1v/image.jpg
To Busy To Add,

fatbloke

Post by fatbloke » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:40 am

How long you looking to keep it available ? Only because I'm interested, but work away a fair bit and it could take me the best part of a month to get my s**t together (don't like keeping anyone hanging around).........

Wonkydonkey
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Wonkydonkey » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:45 pm

fatbloke wrote:How long you looking to keep it available ? Only because I'm interested, but work away a fair bit and it could take me the best part of a month to get my s**t together (don't like keeping anyone hanging around).........

I have a fair few lb in jars, so these no real rush on,
I
To Busy To Add,