New Year's Mead

For those making mead and related drinks
Carnot
Piss Artist

New Year's Mead

Post by Carnot » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:07 pm

As not much is posted on this thread for mead, if you are a mead fan here is an offer you cannot refuse. Up for grabs are 10 bottles of mead of 25,50 and 70 CL which will be sent at no cost to those who plead the best story of why I should send them a bottle at absolutely no cost. All that I ask is that you drink it and give me a meaningful appriasal of the mead. You can be a critical as you like as long as the criticism is constructive and non offensive and is posted on this forum. Depending on your tale I will send you a 25, 50 or 70 Cl bottle. I suggest you pm me with your reply and include your postal address. I will aim to send out the bottles in January.

We produce Artisan mead, in small batches from honey produced on our commercial bee farm. We produce about 1000 kgs of honey per year in an ethical way. Our bees produce some of the best honey in the UK and we only take the surplus honey from our bees. All our bees are overwintered on the honey produced during the previous season. We have been producing mead for about 4 years and are now looking to commerciallise our product. We need critical feedback on our product. Our mead is produced from honey, yeast, wine tannin and yeast nutrient, and of course water. No other additives or pasteuring are used - no sulphites, no fining agents and no heat treatment.

Evvo
Tippler

Re: New Year's Mead

Post by Evvo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:28 pm

Message from Carnot came as a great surprise as I had forgotten all about this.
I like the way the company works with the welfare of the bees at the forefront.
This is the first mead I have tasted so any review can only be based on this with no comparison with any other product. That said I really enjoyed the mead. It was deceptively strong but with no strong alcohol taste. With a very pleasant honey aftertaste. This has converted me to mead and I would have no reservations in getting further products from Carnot. I understand he has a small business and generally only deals with locals. A great number of people will miss out on this mead.
I wish Carnot the best of luck in these difficult times.
Cheers
Steve