Loweswater gold

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
Aaron

Loweswater gold

Post by Aaron » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:31 pm

I'd like to make a clone of this if anyone can help. There only appears to be a couple of threads mentioning this beer. I've been able to glean that it contains Maris Otter, Lager malt and Stryian Goldings.

If anyone could add a bit more detail that would be much appreciated.

erritsoe

Re: Loweswater gold

Post by erritsoe » Tue May 24, 2016 9:19 pm

Dear Aaron

I have been searching for a clone of this beer for years - without success. So I started my own recipe and hope to come close to the original. Right now my 2. attempt is fermenting and You can find the recipe here: http://erritsoe.dk/bryghus/075/075.html

Some of it is in danish but a let Google Translate take care of that for you. If you're interested, I will gladly post my thoughts of the result - but I don't have the original LG to compare with since we can't buy it here in Denmark.

Cheers from Alex, Denmark

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed May 25, 2016 1:07 pm

Thanks for the input Alex. I'm interested how you have formulated your recipe?

I could send you a few bottles of LG to compare if you like.

Mattpc
Piss Artist

Post by Mattpc » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:33 pm

They seem to have changed the Loweswater Gold recipe this year. I had it on cask a couple of months ago in the lakes in two different pubs. It's still a lovely beer but I couldn't detect any of the tropical fruit flavours that it used to have. Makes me suspect they are trying to phase that element of the recipe out to cut costs but perhaps I'm too cynical.....

finklewinkle

Post by finklewinkle » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:41 pm

I'm going to give the Danish recipe a try soon. Love Loweswater Gold!

Mattpc
Piss Artist

Post by Mattpc » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:08 am

The Danish recipe looks good and I think it will be closer to the original than it will the current recipe brewing. I'm guessing they have been scrimping on the expensive American hops so Amarillo and Citra use will have been somewhat curtailed. I think I might brew that danish recipe myself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bachbryg
Sober

Post by bachbryg » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:32 pm

Did any of you try my danish recipe?

I wasn't that satisfied with the result and I'm sad to hear, that they changed the recipe. I tried to contact the brewery to get some information. Without luck. They should listen to Brewdog, where there's no secret about their recipies... I refuse to give up on this beer. It was a fantastic beer. Maybe we should cooperate to nail a good clone :)

Mattpc
Piss Artist

Post by Mattpc » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:20 pm

I was very sorry too. I used to adore this beer when I visited the lake district and seek it out as often as possible. I still find it an enjoyable pint but it's a shadow of what it was. I haven't tried your recipe I'm afraid. I'd like to but I'm not managing to brew beer very often at all at the moment. With only a fading memory of what the recipe used to taste like, I'm a little sceptical about ever managing to recreate it.