Shipyard American pale ale recipe

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
Mattpc
Piss Artist

Re: Shipyard American pale ale recipe

Post by Mattpc » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:10 pm

Barley Water wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:01 pm
My experience with Ringwood is that folks either love or hate it (I am a member of the former camp by the way). I wish I could get my mitts on some of the "real" dual strain yeast as I have a couple of recipes I use the commercial White Labs version on (which I know is not the "official" dual strain). By the way, that stuff can burn you if you are not careful with it (it can just stall out on you) and it is also capable of producing some "butter bombs" which is one of the main reasons the haters over here stay away from it. I am one of those crazies that thinks British ales should show some yeast character, in fact I rather insist on it. :D
I love Ringwood brewary and am intrigued by the legacy of all the brewaries they helped establish on a consultancy basis. Happy memories of Old Thumper and Ringwood Fortyniner. They've sadly tamed the straight of Old Thumper in recent years but it's still a good brew. Not so bothered by Razorback but it's a good low alcohol option.

Cobnut
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Cobnut » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:39 am

Mattpc wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:08 pm
It's a nice pint I think. People rave about in Wetherspoons on keg but to me it tastes much better chilled down in the fridge and drank straight from the bottle. Tastes a bit bland in spoons to me..
I'm often disappointed by beers in 'spoons.

And given what a c*nt the owner is - see how well he treated his employees recently for a prime example - I mostly avoid the place(s)!

After all this is over, I think I'm going to be even more inclined to frequent free houses run by landlords who have the largest say in what beer and food they serve. Support the small businesses!
Fermenting: nowt
Conditioning: English IPA/Bretted English IPA
Drinking: Sunshine Marmalade, Festbier, Helles Bock, Smokey lagery beer, Irish Export StoutCascade APA (homegrown hops), Orval clone, Impy stout, Duvel clone, Conestoga (American Barley wine)
Planning: Dark Mild, Kozel dark (ish), Simmonds Bitter, Bitter, Citra PA and more!

guypettigrew
Even further under the Table

Post by guypettigrew » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:45 am

Cobnut wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:39 am
After all this is over, I think I'm going to be even more inclined to frequent free houses run by landlords who have the largest say in what beer and food they serve. Support the small businesses!
Not many of those around nowadays!

Guy

Cobnut
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Cobnut » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:53 am

I know a few locally. And they will be getting my custom!
Fermenting: nowt
Conditioning: English IPA/Bretted English IPA
Drinking: Sunshine Marmalade, Festbier, Helles Bock, Smokey lagery beer, Irish Export StoutCascade APA (homegrown hops), Orval clone, Impy stout, Duvel clone, Conestoga (American Barley wine)
Planning: Dark Mild, Kozel dark (ish), Simmonds Bitter, Bitter, Citra PA and more!

Mattpc
Piss Artist

Post by Mattpc » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:16 am

Cobnut wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:39 am
Mattpc wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:08 pm
It's a nice pint I think. People rave about in Wetherspoons on keg but to me it tastes much better chilled down in the fridge and drank straight from the bottle. Tastes a bit bland in spoons to me..
I'm often disappointed by beers in 'spoons.

And given what a c*nt the owner is - see how well he treated his employees recently for a prime example - I mostly avoid the place(s)!

Amen Spoons serves a purpose. For me it's useful for cheap food when I'm away from home at work. Wouldn't drink there socially.. It's increasingly painful to even use it for this given how the owner behaves...