Gorse flowers

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
McMullan

Re: Gorse flowers

Post by McMullan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Just collected mine from the PO :D Very tempted to try it tomorrow after cooling it overnight. Cheers, MM.

McMullan

Post by McMullan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:53 pm

That was very nice, MM =D> Well balanced bitterness and flavour with just enough carbonation, nothing overdone. I got some nice ‘grapefruit’ after pouring it straight from the fridge. I let it warm up a little. Nice malt/caramel aroma with a hint a fresh leather. Definitely something unfamiliar and pleasant about it. The gorse, I guess, added the subtle floral character with elements of ‘honey', rather than honey itself. Difficult to pin down. Really interesting beer, actually. The yeast seemed very neutral, but I think that works here. A good one for the summer, I reckon. Very drinkable. If I bought one, I'd definitely buy at least another. Cheers!
Attachments
20160426_153512.jpg

Boozehound

Post by Boozehound » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi, just registered (I've been reading the site on and off for the past year or so) and wondered what base recipe you used for the Gorse beer? I've a demijohn full that's been steeping for about 10 days and having seen your end product which looks amazing, I'd like to give it a go. :)

Kiwisquirrel
Sober

Post by Kiwisquirrel » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:26 am

I know it's been a few years since this post, but in my quest to create a gorse beer for a specific event next year I found this thread. How have people been going with these brews? My question is: have you found which style of beer is best eg: APA, Lager, IPA? and to get flavour and aroma would it be best to boil some flowers then add some at the end of the boil/dry hops stage? Your advice would be appreciated. (I'm new to brewing)

john luc
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by john luc » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:52 pm

I think a Saison might be a good option
Deos miscendarum discipule
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie