Weatheroak Hill Brewery / Sunshine Marmalade 4.7%

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
alexlark
Under the Table

Re: Weatheroak Hill Brewery / Sunshine Marmalade 4.7%

Post by alexlark » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:25 pm

soupdragon wrote:
alexlark wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:41 pm
Almost 2 years later, just buying the hops to re-brew this. This is a cracking summer brew, highly recommended!
How much of the Nielsen-Massey extract do you add per 23 litre brew?

Cheers Tom
I didn't use the extract, I bought dried bitter orange peel off ebay and used 55g as per the OP. Turned out spot on. The bag of peel was enough for 4 brews so I vac sealed it. If you go for the extract, the Brewery said they use Nielsen Massey dosed at 0.4ml per litre.

I haven't got Admiral so I'm subbing that for Citra, only because I've got a load of it Image

As the bittering hops are in for the full 60 mins I don't think changing them will make a big difference.

Last edited by alexlark on Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

soupdragon
Under the Table

Post by soupdragon » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:34 pm

Ah, right. Must have read the thread when I was half asleep and thought there was something there that wasn't.

Cheers Tom

alexlark
Under the Table

Post by alexlark » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:41 pm

Lol. I just re-read my earlier posts and the brewery had changed the recipe to use extract but didn't change the recipe on the OP. I just stuck to the orange peel as I bought a 250g bag if it. Had the Mandarina hops back yesterday so looking forward to planning a brew day!