Adnams recipes and Southwold Water

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
Galena
Steady Drinker
Location: Peak District Derbyshire, nearest breweries: Taddington, Whim, Peak Ales, Thornbridge, Buxton

Adnams recipes and Southwold Water

Post by Galena » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:45 pm

I have been putting together a recipe for Broadside, the bottled version at 6.3%
From research I have got what i hope is a fairly close grain bill and hop bill.
I will try and get some yeast from either the Broadside cask version, which I have being delivered or else Ghost Ship.
The main missing link I have now is a reasonable stab at the Water Profile that they use and was wondering if anyone has any ideas?
I know Orlando did quite a bit of work developing Ghost Ship a few years ago but don't see any reference to water.

Dennis King
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Re: Adnams recipes and Southwold Water

Post by Dennis King » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:25 pm

I know Adnams is duel strain and I believe one dominates if repitched after just a few generations how that applies to their mini kegs I don't know.

Galena
Steady Drinker
Location: Peak District Derbyshire, nearest breweries: Taddington, Whim, Peak Ales, Thornbridge, Buxton

Post by Galena » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:32 pm

Dennis King wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:25 pm
I know Adnams is duel strain and I believe one dominates if repitched after just a few generations how that applies to their mini kegs I don't know.
yes it is believed to be duel strain when propogated from the mini casks, myu real question is about the water though......

keith1664
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by keith1664 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:02 am

PM sent
In or near Norwich? Interested in meeting up monthly to talk and drink beer? PM me for details.