Fruit beer recipes Wanted

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
Reaper

Fruit beer recipes Wanted

Post by Reaper » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:11 am

Hi All

I want to try and brew a fruit beer, I was wondering if anyone out there has any simple fruit beer recipes for me to try. I was going to make an IPA and then put some fruit juice in the secondery fermentation, Im not sure if its as simple as this, anyone else tryed this. :beer

Regards Paul

Reg
I do it all with smoke and mirrors

Post by Reg » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:55 am

I heartily recommend http://www.bodensatz.com/staticpages/in ... 3202232199 and agree with it's stand on making it part of the wort which is, I gather, the Belgian method.

Funnily enough, fruiting beer, can be a simple as adding mascerated fruit to the wort for fermentation, making sure the yeast starter is strong so that any natural yeasts in the fruit do not take hold and waiting for the result. The fruit sugars should be regarded as about 10% by volume so don't add any more fruit by this ratio than you would add brewing sugar to an extract brew to produce a result. To clarify that last comment, don't take that as meaning the up to half that can be added in cheap extract kits unless you want to look like you've been sucking a lemon after you sip your first sample. :D