" Ditch's Stout " Master Class .....

Want to experiment with additions and tweaks to beer kits? This is the place to post.
demig
Hollow Legs

Re: " Ditch's Stout " Master Class .....

Post by demig » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:00 pm

Ditch wrote:Cellotape over the hole.

And Long Bow destruction of a bubbler would be absolutely f**king Epic! =D> [-o< :mrgreen:
Game on if I ever manage to get out of this traffic jam, looks like I may end my days motionless on the A1

Mr. R. Soled

Post by Mr. R. Soled » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Wales - 'Betwetter' is actually a terrific drop. Imperial Stoutish.
As soon as that's out the FV, Ditch 3Gallon is going in for me over Christmas. Never done it before, looking forward to that bugger!

demig
Hollow Legs

Post by demig » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:33 pm

Well I've not got round to shooting the colon yet but just tried the Stout for the first time and I have to say it's bloody gorgeous! Mrs Demig is a massive fan as well and now approves of homebrew :) Ditch you are now a legend in our houseImage This stuff slips down dangerously easily.

Cheers

Demig

Ditch
Five figured forum fanatic

Re:

Post by Ditch » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:37 pm

demig wrote: Ditch you are now a legend in our house .....

Ditch

Post by Ditch » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:22 pm

Ditch's Top Tip For Today ..... Fish Tank Heater Cleaning.

Was it here, or on some other thread, I mentioned how I was leaving my FTH's in a bucket of water? Issue being the baked on crud that gets on the top of them. All around the dial and so forth.

F**king murder to get at and get off. Digging at it with a nail brush risks shoving the dial off setting. Tough one. So, I've been trying just submerging the head in water and leaving it for a few days.

Seemed to work, first time round. Put another one in, a few days ago, and wanted to use it today. Gallon bucket of water it had sat in. Water looked f**king horrible! Brown. Figured that's shifted it.

Took the FTH out and examined it under good, natural light. The Horror!!! :shock: Looked like rotten teeth! All f**king flecks and specks of shit on it! Nail Brush out .....

Not sure what to try next, really :| Washing up liquid, maybe? Someone, somewhere, suggested a generic 'Oxy Clean'. What would that be called, in a shop, please? Steredent ....? That's a thought!

I Know many people put the FV in a trug of FTH'd water. Tried that, years ago. Just doesn't seem to work for me. Probably the lower temperatures of my room .....

So, Ditch travels on. Ever trying to tease out, then cure, the little niggles one may come across whilst making this stuff.

WalesAles
Falling off the Barstool

Post by WalesAles » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Ditch wrote:Ditch's Top Tip For Today ..... So, I've been trying just submerging the head in water and leaving it for a few days.
Ditch,
Would this not bring on a danger of drowning? #-o

WA

Ditch

Post by Ditch » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:05 pm

No. But it makes the end of my willy look like a prune! :oops:

WalesAles
Falling off the Barstool

Post by WalesAles » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:54 pm

Ditch wrote:No. But it makes the end of my willy look like a prune! :oops:
Prune? This Girl is no Prune! :D

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=prune ... zd3yn5M%3A

WA

Mr. R. Soled

Post by Mr. R. Soled » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:10 pm

First attempt at Ditch's 3 Gallon.
Myself, my brother and a pal scuppered the lot Saturday gone, straight out the FV in true Ditch style. My pal on first taste said something along the lines of "What's all the fuss about? It tastes great, but this ain't strong". Sunday morning he awoke on my sofa with the infamous question..."What the fuk happened?"
Brilliant.
That was a day to remember to forget to remember. It got messy.
Off to work on Monday for a couple of weeks, so three lots of it getting going Sunday night. It ain't just loopy juice, it's a beaut of a drink.

Trust me, cleaning heaters. Cheap cola does the trick. A soak overnight and the gunk almost falls off.

WalesAles
Falling off the Barstool

Post by WalesAles » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:12 pm

Rsole,
Well Done to you all! :D :D =D> =D>

WA

Ditch

Post by Ditch » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:11 pm

Mr. R. Soled wrote:First attempt at Ditch's 3 Gallon ..... "What the fuk happened?" .....Brilliant.
This is what we expect to hear from those who dare venture 'beyond the beers we know' and put themselves in the hands of fate 8)

Three gallons though? Amongst three men? One night ....? Surely to f**k ye didn't finish it?! Eight Pints A Piece and no hospitals / arrests?!? No F**king Way! :shock:

Ditch

Post by Ditch » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:52 pm

Ditch's Top Tip # 17 .....

Do ye use Fly Papers in ye brewing space? I have one permanently hanging above my FV. FV sits on the window sill. Fly paper hangs above it. F**king Works! :shock:

Hung this, fresh, f**ker up last week:

Obviously, that's just a few inches of it. The whole two foot is a mess of vile, nasty little fruit fly sorts of shits though. Yes; Even at this time of year!

This has been an information announcement to The Faithful. Ye only get to learn this sort of shit by keeping ye eye on here 8)

WalesAles
Falling off the Barstool

Post by WalesAles » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:09 pm

My brother found a bottle of my first ever `Ditch`s Stout` in his shed Yesterday.
It was made on 15/2/13 to Ditch`s original method. Followed the instructions to the letter! :D
He said it was Absolutely Fantastic! :D =D>
I wish I could keep them for that long!

All Hail to the Ditch! =D>

WA

demig
Hollow Legs

Post by demig » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:33 pm

I second that hail, Mrs Demig and I sank a few more last night and this stuff is just superb. No chance of this lasting 2 years! Going to get another batch on asap without airlock......

Demig

6470zzy
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by 6470zzy » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:44 am

Ditch wrote: I feel this thread has out grown its usefulness and become a monster.

Hell; I only wanted to put to bed how I make my gear. That was explained pages ago. Let's not lose / waste any more decent discussion about kit brewing experiences in this Frankenstein thread.

Honestly; I feel this one could use tidying up and locking. Or just plain f**king off altogether. We can't evolve in a vacuum :|
I was vining about on the web this morning and I came across an image of a "braining" stout that was linked to a JBK post on your Ditches Stout thread from 2011 and I read this [-X

Where would we be if you had closed up shop on us :lol: Thanks for keeping the faith, it really is an enjoyable part of the forum.

Cheers
"Work is the curse of the drinking class"
Oscar Wilde