Brewers Choice IPA - Pics

Want to experiment with additions and tweaks to beer kits? This is the place to post.
juuunx2

Re: Brewers Choice IPA - Pics

Post by juuunx2 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Hi Chris

Nice pics and very interesting. I appologise in advance if I am on the wrong board but I am new to all this. It seems however that you seem an experienced home brewer and I am a complete newbie just about to tackle my first kit. I have a question for you if you wouldn't mind helping me!

On my kit it says the temp in the first part should be between 18-20 oc or 65-70 fh. Is this critical as my kitchen sometimes reaches around 23oc? I hope your brew turns out well. I can't wait to get started.
regards
Martin

Shrunken Reaper

Post by Shrunken Reaper » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Welcome to Jim's Martin!

Right, yeast is a relatively reslilient little bugger, so most ale varieties will be okay at an ambient temp of between 18 and 24'C they like to be kept somewhere in the middle, but I've brewed in summer in a 1 bedroom top floor flat (it got reet warm) and they didn't seem to give a shit! Essentially you're dealing a large volume of liquid which takes a fair while to warm up or cool down, so the odd temparature spike won't trouble you too much...

Oh, and if you do have any issues there are always lots of folk on the forum who can offer all the advice you could ever need, just get stuck in and find yer feet :)

Happy brewing

JiminSweden

Post by JiminSweden » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:01 pm

I am doing the Brewers Choice IPA. It is the first one I have ever done. Didn't document any of the process, as I just did the standard way, with a little bit of dryhopping with Centennial for good measure. Almost bottling time.

Chard

Post by Chard » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:02 pm

I'm looking for a good IPA kit to do to keep me in beer till I get my AG kit up and running again!

I've always been a snobby 2-can-man but this looks good!

Anyone tried the result of this beer?

littledevil

Post by littledevil » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:42 am

I have never seen that kit before where did you get it ?