What gas regulator should I get for my corny keg set up?

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Wozboy
Steady Drinker

Post by Wozboy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:04 am

Ok, I bought this set up second hand and the regulator has been bashed about a bit and the plastic regulator spindle has perished. The regulator I have has no pressure relief valve so I want one with this function and I just want one that does the job well. I don’t think mine is working properly as I have to keep tapping the dial for it to give me the correct reading, I think it’s knackered and I want to replace it with a good regulator that is accurate and easy to use so I would be extremely grateful for any advice and guidance.

I look forward to hopefully loads of responses!!!

Cheers🍻

LeeH
Under the Table

Post by LeeH » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:55 am

These are as good as they get.

https://brewkegtap.co.uk/products/premi ... e-in-italy

The keg land ones are decent and a little cheaper but if possible buy the above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

Jocky
Even further under the Table

Re: What gas regulator should I get for my corny keg set up?

Post by Jocky » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:08 am

Yes the ODL regulator is very nice.

Just avoid the cheap Chinese ones on eBay and the like that you can get for £20-25. Have seen multiple of those fail now, but none of the ODL ones.

When I say ‘fail’ I mean that they fail to regulate and end up massively overcarbonating kegs and blowing your entire CO2 tank out of keg or their own pressure release valve.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

Wozboy
Steady Drinker

Re: What gas regulator should I get for my corny keg set up?

Post by Wozboy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:20 pm

I saw these Italian regulators and I should have known that I'd need one as they seemed to be the most expensive but you do get what you pay for and I'm very grateful for the advice, I may as well bite the bullet! I'm going to get a protector as well any advice on them? I guess there all much of a muchness but if you've any preferences please let me know.

Many thanks,

Cheers 🍻