Pepsi/Cola Gas Management Board

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Smok3y666
Sober

Pepsi/Cola Gas Management Board

Post by Smok3y666 » Mon May 04, 2020 3:11 pm

Used to be a member on these forums a few years back but took a break from brewing for a while and resurrected my old kit a few days ago. Here's my problem.

Brought a 6 tap gas management board a number of years from Norm. Haven't used it in a while. Connected it up yesterady to force carb some beer and noticed the first dial that reads Carbonation will steadily rise until it hits something stupid like 100psi and then will just sit there. I can set the other dials to whatever I want with no issue and the dial will not rise. Is this normal or any ideas?

I've taken the reg apart that controls the gas in on the board and checked for debris but there's nothing there.

If I purge a little gas from the corny it will fill and like normal and the pressure will come down on the first dial and then slowly start to rise again. I currently only have 1 keg attached and this is to one of the syrup valves.

LeeH
Under the Table

Re: Pepsi/Cola Gas Management Board

Post by LeeH » Tue May 05, 2020 8:37 pm

Pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Tue May 05, 2020 10:44 pm

Also, what are you using to try and adjust the pressure for the first outlet?

Dads_Ale
Piss Artist

Post by Dads_Ale » Wed May 06, 2020 12:56 pm

The carbonation gauge/outlet pressure should be set via the primary regulator which should be to the right of it.
The other outlets you can set independently but pressure can only go up to the primary regulator setting.

barneey
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by barneey » Thu May 07, 2020 4:00 pm

Just one other thing when using these boards, make sure that the JG outlets are NOT stressed in any way. These boards are quite old now & will leak if you place any sideways pressure on the outlet gas hoses, its very easy to do especially if you have a kegerator full of kegs.

If you have some blanking JG pieces you can also test the board for holding pressure.

As Dads_Ale has mentioned set the far right gauge to the MAXIMUM pressure you want across the board. Then dial in the gauges to either the maximum or a lower pressure.
Hair of the dog, bacon, butty.
Hops, cider pips & hello.

Name the Movie + song :)

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Thu May 07, 2020 4:18 pm

https://youtu.be/QBGCjHNwQj4

If you need something a little more visual, although she does appear to have a faulty usage on her primary regulator (this doesn’t affect what the output gauges for the kegs show though).