Brewgas

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
wiredcharlie
Steady Drinker

Brewgas

Post by wiredcharlie » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:12 pm

Anyone else having trouble with Brewgas? I can't get Hambleton Bard in Cornwall and these Brewgas refills tend to leak - which turns them from expensive to really annoyingly expensive!
Attachments
brewgas.jpg

Brewedout
Piss Artist

Re: Brewgas

Post by Brewedout » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:12 pm

If these are the same as the Hambleton bard s30 cylinders the key reason for them leaking was using them for more than a seconds blast. The CO2 freezes the pin open. Have a mug of warm water to put the valve into fixes this issue.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Brewedout
Piss Artist

Post by Brewedout » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:14 pm

Forgot to say... It is cheaper in the long run to buy in bulk with bigger cylinders and a regulator.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Nashbrew
Piss Artist

Post by Nashbrew » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:40 pm

I went with a pub bottle and regulator it last me about a year a costs me about £20 to refill.
Falling apart together nicley🍻

wiredcharlie
Steady Drinker

Post by wiredcharlie » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:50 am

Thanks guys.
@Brewedout - The problem seems to be when I only allow out a small amount of gas. I have to give it a good solid squirt to get the cylinder to re-seal. This is the FOURTH one from Brewgas that I've had trouble with, when they had the Hambleton Bard branding I don't recall having a problem.

I'm only using gas to displace the beer, not forced carbonation, so I don't use very much.

@Nashbrew - I'm using plastic barrels with the S30 adapter on top. What would I need at how much does it cost?