ITC-308 troubles!

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
LeeH
Under the Table

ITC-308 troubles!

Post by LeeH » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:22 am

PeeBee wrote:
McMullan wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:25 pm
... My gut feeling is you're typing shite, again. In fact, I'm convinced there's a trend here.
The trend being ... You can't be ar$ed to read the supporting link. It's not just what I'm writing.

You are still a complete arse'ole aren't you "McMullan". Don't know why I bothered to make your posts visible again. I guess my real issue is I believe defective people can come right again. I'll learn eventually.
Can you please not quote him PB as I’m then forced to view his bile too.
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

MashBag
Even further under the Table

Re: ITC-308 troubles!

Post by MashBag » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:04 am

Agree. We ought to have a pact not to quote him. At least that way we have some control.

PeeBee
Under the Table

Post by PeeBee » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:09 am

MashBag wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:04 am
Agree. We ought to have a pact not to quote him. At least that way we have some control.
Apologies. I was breaking my own rules back then (I have this hardwired delusion that no-one is always bad).

Anyway he'll be back shortly after his temporary "ban" (for bad behaviour?) and I'm sure he'll come back all sweetness and light, sprinkling fairy dust everywhere.
Cask-conditioned style ale out of a keg/Cornie (the "treatise"): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwzEv5 ... rDKRMjcO1g
Water report demystified (the "Defuddler"; removes the nonsense!): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

MashBag

Post by MashBag » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:10 pm

I do genuinely think he contributes some good stuff, but there is more than one way, people have lots of reasons to brew how they do. But being vile when people have a different opinion undermines his good contributions.

guypettigrew

Post by guypettigrew » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:54 pm

Well, knock me down with a feather. I've just seen this Inkbird jump thingy happen! Not that I would ever doubt PeeBee, of course not, no, never, not at all. OK, sometimes!

An Inkbird controls the heater in my greenhouse. It's set at 7°C with a differential (or whatever it's called) of 2°C. Which means it turns the 2kW heater on at 5°C, then turns it off at 7°C.

It was frosty this morning. I was in the greenhouse and the Inkbird was showing 5.8°C, so the heater was on. Suddenly the display jumped to 7°C and the heater turned off. The display showed this higher temperature for well under 1 second, then went to 5.9°C. With the heater still off.

Not a problem in terms of keeping the plants alive, but a bit annoying.

Respect, PeeBee!

Guy

PeeBee
Under the Table

Post by PeeBee » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:36 pm

Thanks! I could only guess what would happen in a heating scenario. My main concern was the way it played out in a cooling scenario where it could pulse the compressor on and off and possibly destroy it.

But: Vindicated! I am a genius! \:D/ I ...

(Oh, shut it PeeBee ... Hoy, where'd you come from, I'll have you know I'm... Go lie down and give us all a break ... )

I ... I ... I ... Pah!
Cask-conditioned style ale out of a keg/Cornie (the "treatise"): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwzEv5 ... rDKRMjcO1g
Water report demystified (the "Defuddler"; removes the nonsense!): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

MashBag

Post by MashBag » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:51 am

I thought this was a cooling only problem. Blimey is its heating too I can stand watch too.
Must have misread it.