iSpindel Connectivity Issues

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
floydmeddler
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

iSpindel Connectivity Issues

Post by floydmeddler » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:34 pm

I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to connect my new iSpindel up to my network this morning. Am totally confused as to why it isn't working and am hoping that someone on here can help me out before I return to sender.

I have a Tenda powerline booster in my brewery: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... amp;psc=1 This works perfectly with my wifi Meater probe, sonos speakers etc. HOwever, not the iSpindel.

I can successfully connect the iSpindel to the Tenda booster when in my house. It picks it up from the brewery. All works fine on Ubidots. However, when I go to the brewery where the Tenda booster actually is, it doesn't connect anymore. So weird.

Have tried connecting it to my main router (TalkTalk) Again, all works fine indoors but in the brewery, it loses connection where as all other wifi gadgets jut work off the Tenda booster.

Any ideas guys? Was looking forward to using this.

Thanks in advance,
Floyd

f00b4r
Site Admin

Re: iSpindel Connectivity Issues

Post by f00b4r » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:51 pm

A typical IOT problem is with channel hopping, make sure your router and booster are set to not automatically change channel (it’s often counter productive anyway if your neighbours are also using it). Also check the SSID and password are the same for both networks.
Does your booster have a limit on how many devices can connect (it may be at maximum)?

floydmeddler
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Re: iSpindel Connectivity Issues

Post by floydmeddler » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:53 am

Thanks f00b4r. Will look into it.