Kegland cheap mini keg adaptor

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
floydmeddler
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Kegland cheap mini keg adaptor

Post by floydmeddler » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:05 pm

How has this passed me by?! Have only just discovered this nifty little PET screw on corny connector from Kegland. Bought on one Aliexpress for cheap.

See 3mins 30secs in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jebpq5KTgz4

Takes both gas and liquid allowing you to turn any PET bottle with a standard screw on cap into a super cheap mini keg system. What's the highest litre PET bottle with a standard screw cap out there? Can't think of anything beyond 3L of cheap cider. Be good to locate a 5L PET bottle. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Floyd

john luc
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Re: Kegland cheap mini keg adaptor

Post by john luc » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:23 am

Great bit of kit. Can be used for beer line cleaning as well as putting clearing material in through the gas post under pressure.
Deos miscendarum discipule
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie

MashBag
Even further under the Table

Post by MashBag » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:05 am

Never thought of that, but I use mine with a party tap as a tonic dispenser.

Cobnut
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Cobnut » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:59 pm

You've triggered me to go and buy a load of stuff from the kegland store on aliexpress.

I hope you feel guilty ;)
Fermenting: Sunshine Marmalade
Conditioning: Festbier, Helles Bock
Drinking: Smoky, lager beer, Irish Export Stout, Hazelweiss 2023:2, Cascade APA (homegrown hops), Orval clone, Impy stout, Duvel clone, Conestoga (American Barley wine)
Planning: Kozel dark (ish), Simmonds Bitter, and more!

MashBag

Post by MashBag » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:32 pm

I just won't sleep 🤣🤣

floydmeddler

Post by floydmeddler » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:57 pm

spook100
Piss Artist

Post by spook100 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:05 pm

Cobnut wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:59 pm
You've triggered me to go and buy a load of stuff from the kegland store on aliexpress.

I hope you feel guilty ;)
Happens to me every fecking time!
A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.

MashBag

Post by MashBag » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:17 pm

floydmeddler wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:57 pm
I bought this :-)
How'd you got permission for such expenditure

brewpete
Piss Artist

Post by brewpete » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:03 pm

Love kegland but had stuff held by customs and not released but did get a full refund by ali express

oz11
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by oz11 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:36 pm

How do you get stuff cheaply? I was looking at their mini kegs but it's over £90 for postage. What am I doing wrong?

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:29 pm

The taxation rules have changed recently. For amounts under £135 (?) AliExpress will now collect the VAT on behalf of the U.K. (or EU country), so it should go through customs with no issues as taxes have been paid properly. Orders over that will be subject to VAT+import duty, collected by the courier/post office along with a processing fee.
Kegland have stated that for some items/countries they have deliberately put high postage on to not be unfair to resellers. In other cases (bulky items?) the logistics situation at the moment is just crazy and expensive. For multiple small items you can try the other postage options as it will often reduce the cost.
Personally I tend to buy little bits and pieces from their Aliexpress store but only for the following reasons:

- some items seem to get massively inflated in price by European resellers; if you look around prices can vary by a huge amount

- it is usually hard to find a European reseller with everything I want and/or items in stock, not helped by the current global situation

- local resellers can take quite a while to get stock as they are having containers shipped over

That said, if the price is not too inflated then I do prefer to buy from a European reseller. Kegland are really innovative (although they have also shamelessly copied stuff) but sometimes their quality control isn’t the greatest, being able to have something replaced/refunded is usually much easier if you use one of the better local homebrew places.

ben034
Steady Drinker

Post by ben034 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:36 am

floydmeddler wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:05 pm
How has this passed me by?! Have only just discovered this nifty little PET screw on corny connector from Kegland. Bought on one Aliexpress for cheap.

See 3mins 30secs in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jebpq5KTgz4

Takes both gas and liquid allowing you to turn any PET bottle with a standard screw on cap into a super cheap mini keg system. What's the highest litre PET bottle with a standard screw cap out there? Can't think of anything beyond 3L of cheap cider. Be good to locate a 5L PET bottle. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Floyd
I too would like to find larger than 3l for the exact same purpose. I think the 3l pepsi bottles from an Iceland is the cheapest I could find. Kegland also have a hand pump that fits onto these so you can dispense without gas (useful for a session or weekend perhaps - also use mine for line cleaning etc).

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:23 am

Kegland are planning on bringing out 8L ones, although I have no idea if they will make it to Europe at a reasonable price. They are also planning a dedicated tapping head for them, which you can see in the pictures.

john luc
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by john luc » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:39 am

Another handy use for this is an inline sight glass. Put a small clear bottle on it and then you can observe the beer as it passes through on to the keg.
Deos miscendarum discipule
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie

floydmeddler

Post by floydmeddler » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:22 am

ignore