Brew Builder conical racking arm O rings

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Cobnut
Drunk as a Skunk

Brew Builder conical racking arm O rings

Post by Cobnut » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:54 am

I bought a SS conical fermenter from brewbuilder a few years ago and this has given me excellent service.

I chose to have a racking arm with this and this comes with a pair of non-coloured O rings (I think they are silicone rubber) which are quite soft (low Shore hardness rating). They degrade over time and eventually become useless.

A friendly HBer has the same fermenter and managed to source some similar O rings, but they're not quite the same size and a a bit a b*stard to get in place.

I also contacted Lardy at Brew Builder and he kindly sent me a couple of spares, but I am now down to but a single O ring where there should be two!

I've emailed Lardy again asking where he sources these from as I'd like to buy a couple of dozen so they can be regularly replaced, but I've not had a reply as yet.

So the question for the Hive Mind is "does anyone know where I might source some suitable O rings?"

I don't mind buying a load because I'd be amazed if there's not a bunch of folk out there with the same problem who'd happily take some of them off my hands!

TIA
Fermenting: nowt
Conditioning: English IPA/Bretted English IPA
Drinking: Sunshine Marmalade, Festbier, Helles Bock, Smokey lagery beer, Irish Export StoutCascade APA (homegrown hops), Orval clone, Impy stout, Duvel clone, Conestoga (American Barley wine)
Planning: Dark Mild, Kozel dark (ish), Simmonds Bitter, Bitter, Citra PA and more!

Top Cat
Piss Artist

Re: Brew Builder conical racking arm O rings

Post by Top Cat » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:38 pm

You could try these people, I used to use them for cup seals and o rings when I was in business. They have a hell of a range and used to be very helpful.
barnwell.co.uk I don’t think they have a viewing website, but have branches throughout the uk.