Brewbuilder RIMS

A forum for those who boldy recirculate where no man has. .... you know the rest
Haydnexport
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Re: Brewbuilder RIMS

Post by Haydnexport » Wed May 31, 2017 10:19 pm

there's a thread here with a picture of it im sure, can't remember where i read things !

republicofbeer

Post by republicofbeer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:51 am

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 2344f5.jpg[/IMG]

Here is a picture of mine just after I installed it. I'm brewing at the weekend so can take some pics of it all piped up if you would like. I also had an issue with getting a probe that was too short, however on my system, the temp is controlled via a PID on my control panel which measures the temp in the mash tun. After letting it do a run on learn mode, it now keeps the mash temp stable within a degree.

I also run through the rims when transferring to the boil, also with the element off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kev888
So far gone I'm on the way back again!

Post by Kev888 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:18 am

republicofbeer wrote:Image

Here is a picture of mine just after I installed it. I'm brewing at the weekend so can take some pics of it all piped up if you would like. I also had an issue with getting a probe that was too short, however on my system, the temp is controlled via a PID on my control panel which measures the temp in the mash tun. After letting it do a run on learn mode, it now keeps the mash temp stable within a degree.

I also run through the rims when transferring to the boil, also with the element off
Looking very smart!
Kev
Kev

Haydnexport

Post by Haydnexport » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Very smart! Is there a reason you've mounted it so high? Hi was planning on attaching it to the leg of my table below the mash tun

republicofbeer

Post by republicofbeer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:55 pm

When I had it mounted low I was getting air locks in the pipe from the pump. At this height it works without an issue. The outlet on the rims is about the same height as the mash tun inlet. Also with it fixed to the wall behind it keeps it out the way. And the final reason is all the cables run in trunking above the table so just easier with my set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haydnexport

Post by Haydnexport » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:17 pm

Made the pid control box today , should get the system working over the weekend , and I've got a brewday for Saturday planned.
Attachments
IMAG0009.jpg