Bottle brush that fits beer bottles

The place to discuss all things about brewing hygiene!
Meatymc
Drunk as a Skunk

Re: Bottle brush that fits beer bottles

Post by Meatymc » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:38 am

Make your own? Standard bottle brush plus bristles from a floor brush taped to the end using electricians tape - one of the wonders of the world!

Lasts around 200 bottles before you have to replace the bristles although I usually then replace the brush as well.

Jocky
Even further under the Table

Post by Jocky » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:21 pm

orlando wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am
The bottle version is the one I have used very successfully. Although after 6 years I suspect the problem in this thread has gone away.
I've got one of those, and I can't get the chamois through the neck of the bottle.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:40 pm

Jocky wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:21 pm
orlando wrote:
The bottle version is the one I have used very successfully. Although after 6 years I suspect the problem in this thread has gone away.
I've got one of those, and I can't get the chamois through the neck of the bottle.
There are some necks that are really tight. With those I feed the leading flappers in first then try and align the rest along the stem. Otherwise I throw them out and get larger necked bottles. :D Kegging is so much easier. :roll:
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

Jocky
Even further under the Table

Post by Jocky » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:46 am

orlando wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:40 pm
Jocky wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:21 pm
orlando wrote:
There are some necks that are really tight. With those I feed the leading flappers in first then try and align the rest along the stem. Otherwise I throw them out and get larger necked bottles. :D Kegging is so much easier. :roll:
I reckon I must have been sent the corny cleaning version by accident. I've never managed to get it in any bottle.

As you say, kegging is way easier once you get over the expense. Having got rid of loads of bottles (empty and full) the extra space used has been pretty negligible too.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:35 am

Jocky wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:46 am
I reckon I must have been sent the corny cleaning version by accident. I've never managed to get it in any bottle.
There is one for a demi-john so that could be it.
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

Kingfisher4
Hollow Legs

Post by Kingfisher4 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:30 pm

Meatymc wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:38 am
Make your own? Standard bottle brush plus bristles from a floor brush taped to the end using electricians tape - one of the wonders of the world!

Lasts around 200 bottles before you have to replace the bristles although I usually then replace the brush as well.
So, the silicon dishwasher proof bottlebrush from Amazon duly arrived and although specifically marketed for narrow necked beer and wine bottles, doesn’t fit!

Looking carefully at the cheap bottlebrush that fits, but scored the bottle base, I can see the thin metal wire binding that should hold bristles downwards towards the bottle base slipped, hence the problem. Three small Ziploc ties seem to have solved the Issue, pointing some of the bottlebrush’s own bristles back down towards the Base. SeemEd to work nicely last week.