I need an easy way to pump beer line cleaner through my lines

The place to discuss all things about brewing hygiene!
Wozboy
Steady Drinker

I need an easy way to pump beer line cleaner through my lines

Post by Wozboy » Sat May 06, 2023 8:46 pm

Right, I'm sure that I've raised this before but after buying two garden pressure pumps and failing Im looking for something to attach to a standard length of 3/8 beer line so that I can get purple line cleaner through my lines.

The problem I've found is adapting the garden pumps, as I've gone through a couple I'd be interested to know what other people have done. I need to get cleaner through my taps as well and therefore I'm looking for an easy solution.

I'd really appreciate advice on how to set this up and securely connect the line to whatever pressure pump you have, I found that my adaption came off whilst under pressure and as this stuff is caustic that's far from ideal and I don't want to lose my eyesight!

I very much look forward to any advice that you may have out there, if there's something ready made all the better but I don't think there is?

richard080561
Piss Artist

Re: I need an easy way to pump beer line cleaner through my lines

Post by richard080561 » Sat May 06, 2023 11:31 pm

Richard M
Cardiff

MashBag
Even further under the Table

Post by MashBag » Sun May 07, 2023 7:25 am

I use a bucket & a small pond pump.

Jocky
Even further under the Table

Post by Jocky » Wed May 10, 2023 2:15 pm

I put the cleaning solution in a PET bottle, and then put a carbonation cap on the bottle and use CO2 to push the cleaning solution through. Or use a keg, pushing the solution I've used to clean the keg out through the beer lines and taps.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Wed May 10, 2023 6:41 pm

As Jocky says, the simplest solution is to get it through the lines the same way you get the beer through, i.e. using CO2 pressure if using a keg, or using the beer engine to pump it through if using a cask.
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter