Ubidots data export

If you use Beersmith, Promash, Beer Engine, or whatever, this is the place to discuss pros, cons, tips and tricks
AndyEW
Sober

Ubidots data export

Post by AndyEW » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:58 am

I have a couple of iSpindle devices that are setup to send their data to Ubidots. This works well and I have a dashboard setup that gives me the temperature and (alleged) gravity reading. However, I used to export the data so I could feed it into Excel where I have more control over the graphs and can manipulate the data. However, Ubidots has changed either the way they store the incoming data or the the way the data export function works. Eitherway, what used to be a number with 6 decimal digits is being rounded to an integer with no decimal digits. This makes it unusable for me.
Are there any alternatives to Ubidots?
:shock:

MashBag
Even further under the Table

Re: Ubidots data export

Post by MashBag » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:35 am

I think it's a setting. Recent upgrade may have changed defaults.

https://help.ubidots.com/en/articles/19 ... t-settings

AndyEW
Sober

Re: Ubidots data export

Post by AndyEW » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:33 pm

Thank you! It was indeed set to 2 decimal places. The change must have happened after the 9th of October. The data export changed as well. Before the change I would download a single CSV file with the information I wanted (timestamp, gravity, temperature) where as now you get a zip file containing a file for the gravity readings and one for the temperature readings. Someone somewhere will think this is progress :shock: