Charliemartin - Galaxian Pale Ale

This section is for your reviews of members' brews and commercial beers/ales/whatever.
ArmChair
Under the Table

Charliemartin - Galaxian Pale Ale

Post by ArmChair » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:59 pm

Galaxian Pale Ale 5.5%

Bottle opened with a nice hiss, and poured with medium carbonation. It pours a slightly hazy (could be chill haze) light orange to golden colour, with a white head, that is tightly packed bubbles.

On the nose, there is some tropical fruits, grassy and pine aromas. There is also some bready and light golden syrup notes.

On to the flavour, and your first get a high spicey / orangey bitterness, that leads into a passion fruit, mango and citrus flavour. There are also bready note coming from the malts.

The body on this beer is light, and is highly carbonated. There is great head retention and lacing on the glass.

For me I would liked to have a lower bitterness and more later hops, maybe some dry hopping.

Would I drink this again? yes!
Attachments
image.jpg
FV1 AG#95 Farwell Freddy
FV2
FV3
FV4
Litres Brewed in :
2013 - 655
2014 - 719
2015 - 726
2016 - 74
Started BIAB 11/02/2013

charliemartin
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Re: Charliemartin - Galaxian Pale Ale

Post by charliemartin » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi Simon,
Thanks very much for the review. Sorry I didn't post one for your Tha's Northern Brown Ale (which was very nice by the way), but I am not much of a reviewer to be honest. I know what I like and what I don't like, but picking flavours and aromas out is something I am not very good at.
I agree the Galaxian Pale Ale is a bit on the bitter side, much more so than the IBUs would suggest. However it must be getting a few IBUs from the flameout addition, because the hop schedule was 10g @ 90 (FWH), 20g @ 10, 30g @ 5, 50g @ 0 and 50g dry hop for four days. Perhaps it will mellow in time like Dennis King suggested.

Cheers,
Charliemartin
Altonrea Homebrew