Monkeybrew: Cavendish Brewery - First Gold 3.9

Use this forum to arrange and post reviews of other members' brews.
ArmChair
Under the Table

Monkeybrew: Cavendish Brewery - First Gold 3.9

Post by ArmChair » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Cavendish Brewery - First Gold 3.9%
Monkeybrew

Bottles opened with a good hiss and a nice amount of smoke coming out the bottle. It pours with medium carbonation, and is a wonderful oak deep copper colour, with an off white head, that consists of tightly packed bubbles. There is good retention and it does leave a good amount of lacing.

On the nose you pick up this wonderful orangey aroma, hints of marmalade, fruity Easters and a kittje wheat.

On to the flavour, and the first thing that hits me is the lovely fresh orangey citrus bitterness, that mellows out into a tangerine taste. There is also some spicey notes. It's a very smooth drink and you get toffee and a little oat from the malt back bone, it's very well balanced, and not too hop forward.

This beer is very well carbonated for the style, and has a medium body, and great mouthfeel, it's sits well on the pause. For a 3.9% beer, it has a great body.

An ale I could drink again.

- First Gold 3.9%
Monkeybrew

Bottles opened with a good hiss and a nice amount of smoke coming out the bottle. It pours with medium carbonation, and is a wonderful oak deep copper colour, with an off white head, that consists of tightly packed bubbles. There is good retention and it does leave a good amount of lacing.

On the nose you pick up this wonderful orangey aroma, hints of marmalade, fruity Easters and a kittje wheat.

On to the flavour, and the first thing that hits me is the lovely fresh orangey citrus bitterness, that mellows out into a tangerine taste. There is also some spicey notes. It's a very smooth drink and you get toffee and a little oat from the malt back bone, it's very well balanced, and not too hop forward.

This beer is very well carbonated for the style, and has a medium body, and great mouthfeel, it's sits well on the pause. For a 3.9% beer, it has a great body.

An ale I could drink again.
FV1 AG#95 Farwell Freddy
FV2
FV3
FV4
Litres Brewed in :
2013 - 655
2014 - 719
2015 - 726
2016 - 74
Started BIAB 11/02/2013