Pedigree amber ale

Use this forum to post your reviews of commercial beers, ciders, wines or anything else you can find!
mikenotts
Tippler

Pedigree amber ale

Post by mikenotts » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:59 pm

Hi all,

Waiting for my second jab (4.29 weeks, add 14 days for it to kick in) and I've decided to stay semi-pissed until then: been hiding away since 03/20 (vulnerable category, retired) but been recently sticking my snout out and sniffing the air. A local Asian shop sells pedigree amber ale (4.5%) which is a new one on me; it (the beer, not the shop) caters mainly for the "passing average-£1.50-a-visit-trade" so my "order-me-24-cans-of-this-stuff" has gone down well (ditto and in tandem - trays of Guinness). Oh and this shop is large, not a corner shop - I think its a franchise? - so if I go at the right time, there is no-one there.

I have a fridge full of frozen veg and a wall of tinned food so I can last out with top-ups from these guys - oh, and its very nice beer (and 4.5%, more than I like for a session beer - all beers are session beers to me me now - I prefer around 3.8 - but it is a good beer).

cheers and stay safe until we are all safe!

mikenotts
Tippler

Re: Pedigree amber ale

Post by mikenotts » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:03 pm

my post - when i wrote the shop not the beer, i meant the beer not the shop (trying to get this right before i fall over)

vacant
Even further under the Table

Post by vacant » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:28 pm

Your post might appear to be total gibberish to many, but as I have spent the day downing homebrew in the sunshine whilst listening to my "trippin'" playlist ... it all makes perfect sense to me. (retired but forced to risk Covid looking after a 16 month old grandson 2 days per week) :D

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:07 pm

Meatymc
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Meatymc » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:24 pm

The beers being re-branded are Burton Bitter, Pedigree, Old Empire and Oyster Stout.

Marston’s marketing manager Lee Williams says: “In this day and age, in terms of what is happening in the market, our branding has not been good enough. We need to recapture the consumer.”

Jesus!

themadhippy

Post by themadhippy » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:24 am

our branding has not been good enough. We need to recapture the consumer.”
How about you reintroduce the slightly sulphurous taste that made pedigree so distinctive ,todays offering is bland piss water.
Warning: The Dutch Coffeeshops products may contain drugs. Drinks containing caffeine should be used with care and moderation

IPA
Under the Table

Post by IPA » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:43 am

vacant wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:28 pm
(retired but forced to risk Covid looking after a 16 month old grandson 2 days per week) :D
Good reason to be living a 1000 km from ours =D> =D>
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster
Together we travel further
( In an admonishing email from our golf club)

MashBag

Post by MashBag » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:42 pm

themadhippy wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:24 am
our branding has not been good enough. We need to recapture the consumer.”
How about you reintroduce the slightly sulphurous taste that made pedigree so distinctive ,todays offering is bland piss water.
Tbh. Most commercial beer is bland piss water, the price you pay for brewing your own

Meatymc
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Meatymc » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:35 am

MashBag wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:42 pm
Tbh. Most commercial beer is bland piss water, the price you pay for brewing your own
=D> =D> =D>