OGs of old-school beers

Use this forum to post your reviews of commercial beers, ciders, wines or anything else you can find!
Northern Brewer
Piss Artist

OGs of old-school beers

Post by Northern Brewer » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:51 pm

Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but Ed Wray has dug up a beer festival programme from 1990, which lists the OG of the beers but not their ABV.

So if you ever wondered what the OG of Old Growler (1.055), Brakspear Mild (1.030) or Gales HSD (1.051) were then wonder no more....

IPA
Under the Table

Re: OGs of old-school beers

Post by IPA » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:10 am

Northern Brewer wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:51 pm
Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but Ed Wray has dug up a beer festival programme from 1990, which lists the OG of the beers but not their ABV.

So if you ever wondered what the OG of Old Growler (1.055), Brakspear Mild (1.030) or Gales HSD (1.051) were then wonder no more....
Gales HSD ? Must be a typo
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster
Together we travel further
( In an admonishing email from our golf club)

bitter_dave
Even further under the Table

Re: OGs of old-school beers

Post by bitter_dave » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:46 am

I would really like to go to that beer festival! I could have enjoy pint of Gales Bitter again! Also, approve of all that mild. I don’t really remember much of it about when I moved on from lager in the early 2000s, but maybe I wasn’t looking for it and I have not been to a beer festival in a long time!