harrybrew69

Use this forum to post your reviews of commercial beers, ciders, wines or anything else you can find!
mikenotts
Tippler

harrybrew69

Post by mikenotts » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:10 pm

probably preaching to the converted, given the forum but the above (https://harrisonsbrewery.com/shop/) sells seriously good beer at a very competitive price. As a starter I'd recommend "vacant gesture" or "proof of concept". But they are all excellent. He has a YT channel which is fascinating - he makes his own kit, including bottling (designed his own software).

As I say, you all probably knew about this years ago, but having just obtained (and drank) 2 cases of the above, I just had to spread the news to anyone not yet in the know.

Roll on the vaccine!

Hanglow
Under the Table

Re: harrybrew69

Post by Hanglow » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:38 pm

Selling homebrew recipes for £3 a pop then putting this in the description

"Please note, the £3 charge for the Beersmith file and the PDF is just a suggestion.

If you want to change the price you pay to £0.00 then please use the coupon code TIGHTARSE at checkout."

Some balls on the lad :lol: :lol: :lol:

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:14 am

Hanglow wrote:Selling homebrew recipes for £3 a pop then putting this in the description

"Please note, the £3 charge for the Beersmith file and the PDF is just a suggestion.

If you want to change the price you pay to £0.00 then please use the coupon code TIGHTARSE at checkout."

It is an actual brew pub, so probably looking for new revenue streams in these times. Given the number of people who home brew that often look to clone beers, it might not be such a bad idea at all if others would follow suit (my guess is the pilot systems of the smaller places is they are probably fairly small and close to home systems). What do others think?

TheSumOfAllBeers
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by TheSumOfAllBeers » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:23 pm

The pics from the google map pin, suggest ~2.5 BBL plant. If you are running a brew pub, you always want to make sure that you are well stocked with your own brews. 50L Grainfather probably wont do it (but I know there are some micros out there that started out that little).

Heard about Harrys Brews from a member of our club in the South East of Ireland. Reputations travel.

Doubt I will get the chance to sample. Its getting hard to order overseas beer - it was always subject to excise, but brexit is making for more vigilant customs officers.

mikenotts
Tippler

Post by mikenotts » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:38 pm

f00b4r wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:14 am
Hanglow wrote:Selling homebrew recipes for £3 a pop then putting this in the description

It is an actual brew pub, so probably looking for new revenue streams in these times. Given the number of people who home brew that often look to clone beers, it might not be such a bad idea at all if others would follow suit (my guess is the pilot systems of the smaller places is they are probably fairly small and close to home systems). What do others think?
exactly - the guy has gone from a youtube how-to-brew-ag -in your-kitchen video to a brewpub, where he has built most of the kit (and altered much of the building) in about 7 years, survived the last 12 months, produces excellent beer, employs multiple staff, supports a family. "some balls on the lad" - really? that's your take?

mikenotts
Tippler

Post by mikenotts » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:42 pm

and yes, I bought ALL the £3 recipes as downloads, just as a lock down support, and glad I did it.

mikenotts
Tippler

Post by mikenotts » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:00 pm

this is all a bit OTT, been drinking since 11 (its 6 p.m.) so just ignore it (at the stage where I - well, you get the idea, if there was a full moon, I'd howl at it).