FastFerment or similar insulated jacket

Discuss all aspects of fermentation
MashBag
Even further under the Table

Re: FastFerment or similar insulated jacket

Post by MashBag » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:14 am

MickJ wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:49 am
I think the answer here for a few brews a year is Kviek Voss yeast as another post said.
I have a brew fridge for 18*c ale. But when I found out about Kviek a year ago things have changed.
In Queensland this summer we are at 28* to 32*c so all I need is the fermenter with bath towel a heater belt and my STC1000 temp controller.
It's ready to keg in a week and there are lots of recipes on Brewfather.
I did two Young's Special Bitter one with Kviek and the other with Liquid London Ale yeast and I preferred the Kviek.

Noooooo. That's just thrown the cat in the proverbial.

Thinking out loud. Is it worth a sachet of voss and winding the temp upto 25c next brew to see?

MashBag
Even further under the Table

Post by MashBag » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:16 am

soupdragon wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:44 am
Seems a strange beast that Kveik, must do some proper reading on it sometime

Cheers Tom
You & me both 🤣

soupdragon
Under the Table

Post by soupdragon » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:06 pm

soupdragon wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:39 pm
Finally stopped humming and harring and bought one. It's not often I treat myself so what the hey 😎

Cheers Tom
Best laid plans and all that.......

A couple of days after I placed my order I was told it was no longer in stock (how was I able to place the order if it was out of stock?) but they will be getting more in soon. Fast forward a couple of weeks and now their supplier in Belgium is no longer able to supply them with stock. Brouland do actually have stock so I don't know what is going on.
Anyway, a refund is being processed ☹️ Back to the search for one that I can afford and is actually in stock.

Cheers Tom