Dunfermline Water - Advice needed

(That's water to the rest of us!) Beer is about 95% water, so if you want to discuss water treatment, filtering etc this is the place to do it!
floydmeddler
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Dunfermline Water - Advice needed

Post by floydmeddler » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:54 pm

Hello all,

My buddy in Dunfermline has bought himself a Grainfather and wants to brew this wknd. He has AMS, Gypsum, Campden etc... However his Alkalinity testing kit has gone missing in the post. Can anyone let me know the CaCO3 in this area?

Alternatively, can you give some advice on what his options are? He's looking to brew a 4% hop forward pale.

Cheers!

Dave S
Even further under the Table

Re: Dunfermline Water - Advice needed

Post by Dave S » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:23 am

floydmeddler wrote:Hello all,

My buddy in Dunfermline has bought himself a Grainfather and wants to brew this wknd. He has AMS, Gypsum, Campden etc... However his Alkalinity testing kit has gone missing in the post. Can anyone let me know the CaCO3 in this area?

Alternatively, can you give some advice on what his options are? He's looking to brew a 4% hop forward pale.

Cheers!
Very difficult, (impossible) to say without an accurate analysis. Have you (he) considered sending a sample to Neil, (WallyBrew)?
Best wishes

Dave

tuffty22

Post by tuffty22 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi

Im in Dunfermline and I have just had the water analysis done. PM me his email address and ill fire the results onto him.

floydmeddler
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by floydmeddler » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:25 pm

Cheers tuffty22!

Will PM you the address.