Dirty water treatment tool

(That's water to the rest of us!) Beer is about 95% water, so if you want to discuss water treatment, filtering etc this is the place to do it!
DerbyshireNick

Dirty water treatment tool

Post by DerbyshireNick » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:30 pm

I have been having a bit of a play with putting together some modern web tools for brewing. While awaiting someone who knows more than me to debug my hop utilisation math here is something I have knocked up tonight.

We all know its not *right* but this widget tool with give you a quick and dirty CRS DLS based on a Salifert kit and the Brupaks math.

http://www.googledrive.com/host/0B3cQkO ... 3AybkdLNHc

DerbyshireNick

Re: Dirty water treatment tool

Post by DerbyshireNick » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:35 pm

Ive fixed the labels which listed the additions as mg/L where it should have been ml/L and g/L.

Hope people dont mind I have been taking posted water analysis results and comparing the CRS and the cumulative total of liquor salt additions to see how far off this rough method is.

Generally it was within 0.1 to 0.15g per liter accurate to Grahams calculator. Obviously the user is totally at the mercy of Brupaks in terms of the mineral blend as we have seen in other threads. But generally, I am feeling comfortable to say that using this is better than just guessing if all you have is a salifert kit (which interestingly my spell checker wants to covert to "life saver" - is this chrome trying to tell me something...).

Also given a general thought on the forum that the Brupaks recommendations for DLS aim a little too much towards burton rock water it might we wise to dial back on the actual finding. This did consistently shoot 0.1 to 0.15g per liter above the full calculators total.

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:59 pm

Thanks.. looks like a very useful tool.
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(

DerbyshireNick

Post by DerbyshireNick » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:33 am

Good to hear, as I say procede with caution.

The CRS is bang on, the DLS is a technically a very rule of thumb guesstimate.