Grade A corni kegs, 45 each.

If you spot a bargain, please share it here (no ebay items, please)! A members only area for brewing-related items only. ENTRIES WILL BE PRUNED AFTER 90 DAYS.
f00b4r
Site Admin

Re: Grade A corni kegs, 45 each.

Post by f00b4r » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:26 pm

Rhodesy wrote:Those look very decent for the price. I got 6 from here that were not refurbished so did require quite a lot of cleaning and some TLC but they do work fine. These were the taller ones as just measured one there.

I am in the process of slowly phasing them out of the new AEB ones as I found with my 9L one that the lids fit so much better and tigher without pressure and when pressure sealing it is done with no issues, I did have some kegs that required quite a high pressure to hold the seal which was inconsistent.

I've always bought "new" for that reason, one you add in the servicing and the difference in sealing the price difference isn't too bad. I did however buy 4 19L ones from a brewer that were about a year old from the Malt Miller, for me it's worth seeing if you can get hold of these new made AEB second hand as they are essentially new in terms of performance and they are the tall thin type and cheaper than new. My 11 and 9 L corny kegs I bought new and would again with 19L if I couldn't find the newer ones second hand.

Rhodesy
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Rhodesy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:48 pm

f00b4r wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:26 pm
Rhodesy wrote:Those look very decent for the price. I got 6 from here that were not refurbished so did require quite a lot of cleaning and some TLC but they do work fine. These were the taller ones as just measured one there.

I am in the process of slowly phasing them out of the new AEB ones as I found with my 9L one that the lids fit so much better and tigher without pressure and when pressure sealing it is done with no issues, I did have some kegs that required quite a high pressure to hold the seal which was inconsistent.

I've always bought "new" for that reason, one you add in the servicing and the difference in sealing the price difference isn't too bad. I did however buy 4 19L ones from a brewer that were about a year old from the Malt Miller, for me it's worth seeing if you can get hold of these new made AEB second hand as they are essentially new in terms of performance and they are the tall thin type and cheaper than new. My 11 and 9 L corny kegs I bought new and would again with 19L if I couldn't find the newer ones second hand.
Yes definitely, If was guaranteed them to be the "new" AEB ones I would buy without doubt. I will get a couple of new ones for Christmas and then a few more through the course of 2019.

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:47 pm

As if by magic....

The Malt Miller is now selling second hand versions for £60 with the same dimensions as the new ones:

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product ... -keg-tall/

65 in stock at this moment but I bet they don't last too long when people realise that they can fit 3 rather than 4 in a fridge.
They are marked as grade A refurbished so I would expect them to be better than the cheaper ones around but no idea how much better.

They still also have the shorter fatter ones so make sure you select the right ones for you if buying.

LeeH
Under the Table

Post by LeeH » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:07 pm

Well I bought 2, they are perfectly serviceable and arrived promptly via DPD as always.

More B grade IMHO, and I had to bend both the dip tubes to fit in the well. One keg has scrapes in the bottom due to the poor fitting tube. I’ve had much today ‘A’ kegs like that one on the site.

I was going to buy 2 more to replace my other 2 ‘fat’ kegs but for 25 quid extra, I’ll just buy new ones. And probably phase these 2 out over your next year.

I’ve got them cleaning now ready for a brew tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel